Reviving sex drive is probably the most common problem faced by a majority of married women nowadays. This leaves them with the question “How to enhance female sex desire?”
Most women rush to the pharmacy to find over-the-counter medications or pills that can help them address their problems. On the other hand, there are those who simple do nothing at all.
How to Enhance Female Sex Desire: Where to Seek Help
When you feel like your drive to engage in sexual activities is dwindling, you can opt to seek help from reproductive health experts. Below are the ways on how to enhance female sex desire.
- Seek the help of a medical professional, starting with your primary care physician. They will do tests and refer you to a specialist, such as a sex therapist, sex counselor or psychologist. Openly discuss the dilemmas you face, and what inner feelings have been bothering you.
- Engage in support systems like forums and groups that face the same dilemma as yours.
- Communicate with your partner and discuss your feelings towards sex, as well as measures that both of you can work out to revive sexual desire.
- Make use of female enhancement products, such as pills, topical creams, oils, lubricants and similar items.
How to Enhance Female Sex Desire: What to Eat
In the kitchen, a woman can also find the answers to the question, “How to Enhance Female Sex Desire.” There are also several foods that can help improve a woman’s sexual desire and drive. Some of these foods include the following:
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which is considered to be the ultimate sex mineral. Zinc is beneficial in boosting sex drive by increasing testosterone levels. Zinc acts by blocking the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, thereby increasing the levels of testosterone.
- Watermelon: The compounds present in watermelon may have an effect similar to that of Viagra. They relax blood vessels and increase blood flow, thereby increasing sexual arousal, engorgement and lubrication.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolates increase the levels of dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is considered the pleasure chemical of the brain. Furthermore, chocolates have bioflavonoids, which open up blood vessels and help improve blood flow.
- Fish: Fish is a sex drive booster. Specifically, halibut help raise testosterone levels due to its rich magnesium content. Magnesium makes it impossible for testosterone to adhere to proteins in the body. This results in an increase in the testosterone levels in the blood stream which in turn beef up libido.
- Asparagus: Considered to be the best sex drive boosting food, asparagus is rich in folate, a natural form of folic acid that regulates histamine production. Histamine is a chemical released during orgasm.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, a blood thinner compound. Because it thins the blood, circulation is improved and relaxes the arteries. Having strong circulation allows for greater endurance and increases sexual desire.
- Banana: Bananas contain potassium and vitamin B, compounds that elevate energy levels. Furthermore, bananas contain anti-inflammatory enzyme called bromelain that stimulates greater testosterone production.
- Celery: Did you know that adding celery to your salad can help improve your sexual desire? Celery contains androsterone, a pheromone precursor. Pheromones are chemical signals that are released through sweat glands and can initiate a sexual activity.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. They are known to boost both dopamine and arginine levels in your brain. Moreover, arginine increases the production of nitric oxide, a chemical compound essential for improving sex drive. Nitric acid also dilates the blood vessels, allowing blood to travel freely.
- Beets: Beets are antioxidant superfoods that are rich in nitrate. They improve blood flow all throughout the body, particularly in the reproductive system.
- Peanut Butter: A pleasure boosting food that is almost present in every kitchen, peanut butter is rich in monounsaturated fats that help beef up a woman’s sexual arousal.
- Beef: Beef contains high levels of the ultimate sex mineral – zinc. Like in pumpkin seeds, zinc blocks the enzyme aromatase from converting testosterone to estrogen.
- Nutmeg: Sprinkling some nutmeg onto coffee or cereal can imitate the effects of serotonin. The scent of nutmeg is relaxing and its taste elevates mood. Furthermore, nutmeg contains sleep-inducing amino acids known as tryptophan that improves your sleep cycle. It has been known that lack of sleep is one of the culprits of poor sex drive.
- Ginger. Ginger is a multipurpose herb that is very powerful in boosting sex drive. Ginger dilates the blood vessels and improves circulation allowing more blood to flow not only into the sexual organs but the entire body, as well.
How to Enhance Female Sex Desire: What to Do
Apart from food and nutrition, sex drive can also be affected by certain activities in life, so the following remedies work well to enhance female sex desire:
- Relieve Stress: Most women, especially married ones, find it hard to juggle work, child, house and relationship concerns. More often, they are too preoccupied by the stresses brought about by day-to-day activities, they tend to set aside the thought of sex and intimacy. A woman could allocate a few minutes before she goes to bed to relax. To do this, she should set aside everything and think of happy thoughts that could make her sexually aroused.
- Fight Fatigue: A woman should get enough rest at night to wake up in good mood and feel more rested. In this manner, she wakes up full of energy and will have an elevated or escalated sex drive.
- Exercise Often: Exercising increases the body’s strength and endurance. With exercise, a woman feels more energized and revitalized. Regular physical activity also makes her feel more confident and more energized.
- Regulate Vices. Vices can dampen a woman’s sex drive. Therefore, controlling vices like overeating, drinking and smoking, especially prior to a sexual activity can help improve one’s performance in bed.
There are many ways to enhance a woman’s sexual desire. Some may not even need medications and pills. Instead, all they require is lifestyle changes and a proper diet. Those mentioned above are only some of the answers on how to enhance female sex desire, so if your problems persist, seek the help of your doctor immediately.