Sex never fails to fascinate many. It is exciting. It can be adventurous. It can be passionate. At times, it can also be quite intimate. Let’s not forget that sex can also be a lot of fun.
Speaking of fun, there are probably a number of fun facts about sex you may have never heard of. Luckily for you, we’ve got some interesting sex facts right here that you can discover and share with your partner.
Some Interesting Facts About Sex That May Benefit You
There are a number of information about sex that more than just an interesting fun fact. Although some of them are funny, they can also help you understand why your partner is the way he is. Better yet, these fun facts about the human body and how it relates to sex may just help make your own sex life a lot more interesting.
Here are some fascinating facts about sex that you should take note of:
1. His left testicle usually hangs lower than the right one. Stop giving him a weird stare whenever he takes his pants off and the lights are still on. It’s completely normal that his left testicle would be hanging slightly lower than the one on his right.
Studies have shown that as much as 65 percent of men deal with a left testicle that is hanging lower in their scrotum than their right. A man’s left testicle also happens to be around seven to 10 percent smaller than the right one most of the time.
There does not seem to be a definitive reason why testicles hang a certain way. It is interesting to note that some studies have found men who are right handed typically have lower hanging left testicles, while those who are left handed tend to have lower hanging right testicles.
The next time you notice that one of your partner’s testicles is hanging slightly lower than the other, do not freak out. Remember, it’s only human anatomy.
2. It’s not just your breasts and genitals that swell when you’re having sex. Yes, you heard it right. Sex can give you a stuffy nose because it swells just as much as your genitals do when you are having sex. What is more important to note, however, is that in turn, an orgasm will clear up your sinuses.
As Dr. Jordan Josephson of the New York Nasal and Sinus Center explains, the adrenaline rush in your body during orgasm makes the tissues in the nose shrink. This makes your passageways open up, allowing you to breathe a whole lot better. It might be one of the most bizarre weird facts about sex you have ever heard, but it can certainly benefit you.
3. 60 percent of men experience stiff nipples when they are aroused. Hardened nipples don’t just happen to women when they are turned on. In fact, some men experience it, too. You may also be surprised to know that there are times that men get aroused in their nipples so much that they are capable of experiencing a nipple orgasm. This way it seems pleasuring a man is almost similar to how to satisfy a woman sexually.
To try a nipple orgasm on your partner, start by just rubbing or touching his nipples to get him aroused. Afterwards, start twirling your finger around the outside of his nipples and start doing naughtier things to it. You can choose to lick, suck or flick them at this point using your tongue or mouth. You will notice that by this time, your man is already experiencing an erection.
Now that he is more aroused than ever, keep applying pleasurable pressure on his nipples. Alternate between rubbing and working them using your mouth and tongue. Keep doing this until he finds himself moaning with his orgasm.
4. A man’s ejaculation travels at a speed of 28 miles per hour. So it is not exactly a race car, but your man’s ejaculation travels fast enough to make sure that his sperm cells can reach you in time in case you are trying to make a baby. This means that sperm cells would swim at a rate of 0.2 meters per hour or eight inches.
A healthy man produces between 1.5 ml to five ml of semen every single time he ejaculates. When this happens, he also releases between 20 million to 100 million sperm cells per milliliter. These tiny cells then swim to meet with a woman’s egg cells.
For some men, however, they soon find that their sperm are not able to swim as fast as normal. In this case, it is now recommended that taking a vitamin D supplement helps increase the speed of the sperm, so that they have a better chance of producing a child with their partners.
5. The longer the ring finger is in comparison to the index finger of your man, the more testosterone he has in his body. Isn’t this an interesting fun fact? According to University of Alberta neuroscientist Pete Hurd, boys typically experience a surge of testosterone during their second trimester of fetal development. Once they are born, the evidence of such a surge can be found in a ring finger that is much longer than the index finger.
You might also want to note that men who had experience a high surge of prenatal testosterone and therefore, longer ring fingers have a tendency to become risk takers. Just look at a number of today’s most successful traders in the finance industry. In bed, this could mean that if your man has a longer ring finger, he would be more interested to try new and unconventional sex positions with you. Now, that can be exciting.
Aside from liking a good challenge, men with a longer ring finger are also found to be nicer to women. Another study also found that these men tend to have a more handsome face than other males. Perhaps, because of these, women also have a tendency to fall for men with longer ring fingers.
6. The order to ejaculate comes from the spinal cord, not the brain. Believe it or not, when it comes to your man’s ejaculation, his spinal cord is the boss, not his brain. During orgasm, men still experience pleasure in their brain. The process of ejaculation, however, is said to be mediated by his spinal cord center, according to a study done by the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio.
Ejaculation is a result of a spinal reflex that goes on without any brain involvement. The brain may have nothing to do with this process, but it is still critical in making sure that your man would have a successful orgasm. Aside from that, the brain is also needed to initiate ejaculation, along with the genital nerves and the spinal cord.
7. A quarter of all erect penises have a slight bend. When your man is erect, you might notice that his penis is slightly curved to one side or another. Don’t worry, this is normal. The slight curve can just be a result of his unique anatomy.
The direction that an erect penis would take is also dependent on the proportion of his crus or penis under the skin to his exposed penis. When a man has a shorter curve, his penis erection has a tendency to point itself downwards. In contrast, a man with a longer curve experiences an erection that points itself outwards. Aside from this, there are also a number of cases where the penis would bend to the right or to the left when it is having an erection.
While a slight bent on his erect penis is normal, a pronounced curve in this part of his body is absolutely not. This is especially true when the curve or bend is making penetration simply impossible during sex. A man with this condition can also experience significant pain when he has an erection.
If this is the case, it is recommended that you take your man to see a urologist right away. It is possible that he is suffering from a condition known as Peyronie’s disease. In this case, a scar tissue has developed in the penis, causing it to bend to curve too much.
8. Women who had sex at least once a week had more regular cycles. You have come to realize this by now. Periods can sometimes be unpredictable. There are months when you are expecting it a certain week, only to arrive a week later. It annoys you when this happens as it has tendency to mess with your plans, especially some adventurous trip you are already booked for and looking forward to enjoying.
Here’s one of the most fascinating facts about sex. Having sex at least once every week can help normalize your menstrual cycle, making it more predictable than it has ever been since you reached puberty.
Your sexual activity has a tendency to change the level of various hormones in your body. This, in turn, affects your menstrual cycle. This is why experts believe that have sex constantly also makes your cycle fairly predictable.
Aside from sex, there are also a host of other factors that can have an effect on your menstrual cycle. They include medications you may be taking, excessive exercise, alcohol, stress, weight gain, work or any infection you may be experiencing in your body.
9. Kissing makes us release our love hormone. Here’s one of the best fun facts about kissing. When you kiss someone, you trigger the release of oxytocin. This is also known as the love hormone. This is responsible for making you feel attached to a particular guy. It is also said to be the hormone that keeps a relationship alive long after your honeymoon period.
When it comes to kissing, women tend to give it more importance than man. As one study had found, women use kissing in order to assess their potential mates. In contrast, men utilize kissing in order to increase their chances of having sex. Nonetheless, the majority of people also tend to remember their first kiss better than the time they lost their virginity.
10. 75 percent of men reach orgasm whenever they make love, but only 29 percent of women do. It may sound tragic, but it’s a definite fact. Women tend to achieve only one orgasm for every three that her male partner achieves. Experts have come to refer to this phenomenon as the orgasm gap.
Dr. Debby Herbenic, a research scientist at Indiana University believes that the gap may be the result of pressure. Some women feel the need to fake an orgasm so they can avoid having to explain to their partner why they can’t achieve one. Meanwhile, a consultant andrologist at the Lilavati and Bhatia Hospital, Dr. Rupin Shah, believes that women have a harder time with orgasm, as they require more stimulation.
Still, the lack of orgasm in a woman is not completely her fault. Sex expert Dr. Mahinder Watsa believes that there are times that women cannot achieve orgasm simply because the man is simply too much in a hurry or may already be suffering from premature ejaculation.
If you are having problems achieving orgasm while making love to your man, you may want to consider getting some help to increase your sex drive. If you feel unsure about taking pills, you can always apply a natural sexual enhancement cream like Vigorelle to help make sure you achieve orgasm when you and your man have sex.
Laugh and Learn: Fun Facts About Sex You May Have Never Heard
The truth is there are a number of fun facts about kissing, sex and everything in between. Some prove to have a more medical justification. There are others, however, that seem to sound more like weird sex facts. Nonetheless, these are still interesting facts about sex, just a little bit more funny. Here are some of them:
1. On average, adult men think about sex every seven seconds. You better believe it, but every man has sex on his mind most of the time. One study done by researchers at Ohio State University discovered this when they handed out a clicker to several people and asked them to hit one of the three buttons on it depending on what they were thinking – food, sleep or sex. As it turns out, an average man would have as much as 19 thoughts about sex every single day.
This also means that in a single hour, men think about sex as much as 514 times. Every single day, the thought of sex comes to men as much as 7, 200 times. These results from the study, however, may have been tainted by what is known as the white bear problem wherein you tend to think of something more often when someone tells you to take note of every single time you think about it.
Aside from this study, another one involving German adult male volunteers led to the conclusion that men tend to think about sex less than other matters in their lives. These include food, coffee, time off, social contact and personal hygiene. They also tend to turn their thoughts towards sex as their day ends or sometime around midnight.
2. When it comes to masturbation, older women like to get in on the action, too. Here is one of the most interesting facts about masturbation that you probably never thought about. Older women enjoy engaging in a bit of masturbation activity regularly just as much as younger women. Perhaps, they even enjoy it more.
There is no reason to think that your sex drive goes down as you get older. As one Kinsey study back in 2010 found, as much as 30 percent of women aged 60 to 69 years old who are in relationships admitted that they had recently masturbated.
As for those over the age of 70, more than half of women who said they are in a non-cohabiting relationship admitted to masturbating. This is a significant finding compared to just 12.2 percent of married women who engage in solo masturbation.
3. Outside of a bedroom, the most common place for adults in the U.S. to have sex is the car. Yes, sex in a car never gets old. In one survey conducted by condom maker Durex, 23 percent of its American respondents admitted to thinking about having sex in a car. In contrast, as much as 36 percent of respondents admitted to already having sex in the car at least once.
If you plan to try having sex in the car with your partner, there are certain things you have to remember. First, there are really only two possible sex positions if you are going to get hot and heavy here. In the passenger seat, the most recommended would be the cowgirl position. You can perform the reverse or regular version of this position.
If you and your partner are in the backseat, you can try to lay down some more. If this fail, you can enjoy oral sex and simply turn the heat all the way up when the two of you reach the bedroom. Another thing you have to watch out for when having sex in the car are the inevitable leg cramps.
When it comes to getting hot and heavy inside the car, you might want to take note that leather seats are not ideal for any sexy time in the car since you and your partner will just keep on sliding. Meanwhile, doing it on the car’s floor might result in carpet burns.
4. Eight out of 10 adults have tried sexting. Here is one of the most interesting fun facts about sexting. A survey conducted by the Women’s Health Psychology Lab at Drexel University have found that adult engage in sexting almost as much as young adults and teenagers. As much as 88 percent of survey responders aged 18 to 82 have said that they had sexted at least once. This trend significantly up from just 82 percent in the previous year.
5. 36 percent of people under the age of 35 go right onto Facebook and Twitter after they’ve had sex. In today’s social media savvy world, even people who have just engaged in sex tend to visit their Facebook and Twitter accounts after doing it with their partner. This is one of the result revealed by a recent survey conducted by consumer electronic site Retrevo.com.
Today’s younger group of adults like to stay informed all the time and it doesn’t matter if they have just had some action in bed. On Facebook alone, as much as 83 percent of people below the age of 35 admit that they check out their page as often as 10 times a day.
What is unclear is if these people are also willing to have sex again after checking their Facebook and other social media pages.
6. The smell of pumpkin can increase blood flow to the penis. Forget the chocolate and strawberries, bring out the pumpkin pie. Apparently, the smell of pumpkin makes a man go wild with desire as more blood travels to his penis. This can also possibly explain why one study found that 20 percent of patients who lost their sense of smell suddenly suffered from sexual dysfunction.
As for scents that help turn a man on, Dr. Alan R. Hirsch recommends a number of combinations, all of which feature some guilty pleasure foods. The top scent combinations for men include lavender and pumpkin pie; cinnamon buns with doughnuts and licorice as well as pumpkin pie combined with doughnuts.
As for women, Dr. Hirsch says top scent combinations to get them in the mood for sex include a cucumber combined with licorice and pumpkin pie combined with lavender. Indeed, scent can affect sex.
There is no better time than now to learn a lot more about sex than you think you can. Share these fun facts about sex with your partner and discover new ways you can make your sex lives healthier together.